Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bouldering at the gym

At the climbing gym, there are a few options to get your fill. An option that I didn't originally care for is bouldering. I didn't like it because my fingers would hurt during every move I would make. I've grown to like it much more, though.

Bouldering doesn't require any special equipment, but some mental and physical strength will definitely help. Simply, you try to get up a short wall (around 10 feet) using only certain hand and feet holds. Oftentimes the problems are quite tough, and they take patience to solve. The best way I have found for solving difficult problems is to break up the route piece by piece, as if you know you can do each move in the route seperately, eventually you should be able to do them together.

While at the gym, I have been spending more and more time doing this type of climbing. It is a fun workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment