Friday, September 16, 2011

Willow river state park (Wisconsin)


Willow river state park is located just outside of Hudson, WI. With 13 miles of hiking trails, a lake, and camping areas, there is a lot to do in this park.

I chose to go hiking, and explored what looked like about half of the trails going throughout the park. There were a few highlights. The greatest of which was clearly the gorge with an impressive waterfall. I didn't expect to see it in Hudson, a town that I knew had cliffs along the St. Croix, but I didn't know of the beautiful river vistas.

On the other side of the park there is a dam, which was right next to a nice area for a picnic and a small beach. I didn't spend much time there, but I could see many families enjoying the park.

Willow river state park is somewhere that I will probably go again if I ever want to get away, but not go too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment