Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Visiting Santa Fe, New Mexico

I recently got the opportunity to visit Santa Fe, New Mexico. I spent about a day and a half there, which I felt was sufficient time to explore. Here are some of the activities I did.

Hiking just outside of town. There is a free place to park and go on a hike through the woods, I believed it was called Sierra del Norte. It wasn't too busy and provided for some nice views of the landscape.

Checking out the art galleries and shops downtown. I spent several hours downtown Santa Fe, browsing churches, art galleries, shops, the State Capitol, and just downtown in general. It was a pleasant downtown catered to visitors.

Eating Mexican food. I ate at 3 Mexican restaurants while in Santa Fe, and I was never disappointed. I honestly don't remember the names, but each had a different appeal. One was a Fast food-esque Mexican place (not like Taco bell, though), where I enjoyed a beer and some chips with guacamole. The next was a nice sit down place where I remember having a couple of margaritas along with my meal. The final was a place downtown known for being good, where whatever I ordered was just one notch spicier than I'm used to, which led me to drinking a lot of water. Conclusion: this is a good area for Mexican food!

It was a joy to visit Santa Fe, and I would definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment